20th HURT100 Trail Race Logo and Shirt Design Contest
Race date: January 18-19, 2020
Entry submission period: April 22, 2019 through May 31, 2019 (midnight HST)
The Hawaiian Ultra Running Team (HURT) is excited to announce a design contest for the 20th running of the HURT100 logo and finisher shirt. All artists and creative types are encouraged to submit a design(s) to commemorate this special event on its momentous anniversary.
The logo design should incorporate the environment and culture of this very special even as well as the incredible challenge faced by all those that dare to attempt (and complete) the undertaking of very tough 100 mile endurance run.
Specifically, HURT is looking for a logo that can be used for shirts, buckles, letterhead, and other printed materials; both for this 20th anniversary event and beyond for many years to come. Submitting a design with the flexibility of alteration for the 20th and for future events is encouraged.
As a condition to being considered for the contest, you hereby represent and warrant that the following statements are true and correct and that you agree to the terms and conditions contained herein:
The contest is open to all. Participation in the promotion/contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official rules.
The finisher shirts will be a technical fabric with a fitted cut. Print areas may include front, back, and sleeves. If including multiple print areas, submit low-res images of the final placement showing each print area in addition to the original logo artwork.
Buckle size will be approximately 3.5” x 2.5” and shape will be determined by the winning design.
- Be prepared to upload your design in the following format under 2MB: jpeg, png, or gif. Filenames should reflect the artist’s name and number of entry (i.e. Smith_entry1.jpeg).
- The top three designs will be selected by popular vote on the HURT100 website and the winning design will be chosen by the race directorate. The winning design will be printed on the official finisher shirts for the 20th HURT100 Trail Run.
- HURT reserves the right to use all designs for future marketing purposes.
- No reproduced images will be accepted. Your submission must be original artwork.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per entrant during the entry period.
- If your submission needs to be reproduced to ensure the highest quality of printing, we will do our best to recreate the most accurate design.
|Deadline for submission||May 31, 2019 (midnight HST)|
|Begin online voting||June 1, 2019|
|Deadline for online voting||June 30, 2019|
|Notification of top three finalists||July 1, 2019|
|Notification of winner||July 8, 2019|
|Announcement of winner||August 10, 2019|
(During the HURT100 Lottery Selection)
Notification of top three submissions and the winner:
Top three finalist will be notified that their design has made it through the first round of online voting. Selection of the winning submission will be made by July 8, 2019. Winning artist will be notified via email immediately following the selection. Artist will then provide high-resolution files to HURT for their use.
Criteria for Selecting the Winning Design
The winning design will be determined by the creativity of the design and how well it incorporates the HURT100 spirit, the Ohana, and the race’s 20th anniversary. The race directorate will select the final design winner for the competition with a majority-rules vote.
The winner will receive the following:
- One HURT100 finisher shirt
- One guarantee spot in the HURT100 for 2020 or 2021 (not transferrable) OR the value of race registration in cash.
- Recognition in all media announcements, postings, and printed material.
The submission application form must be filled out completely and truthfully. If you fail to complete the form, give any false information or fail to reveal any pertinent information, you may be disqualified from the competition. All decisions made by the HURT100 directorate are final.
If winner cannot be contacted within two weeks of selection, prize may be forfeited.